Tuesday 9 July 2013

Ramadan Kareem



Hello everyone,

How is it going? I hope you are having a great week. It is July already and it is the month of Ramadan! Time has flown by so quick it is unbelievable but we thank Allah for his mercies and blessings. I am so excited for this month because it is an opportunity for me to reconnect with God, be a better person, and also renew my faith as a muslim (Masha Allah). 

Ramadan is going to be long for those of us in this part of the world because of the shorter nights and longer days but Allah in his infinite mercies will guide us. This Ramadan, I intend to continue eating clean and working out during this period. I am a little worried because of the timing, we break around 9:40p.m which reduces by a minute till the end of Ramadan. I do not like to eat late, I usually have dinner around 6 or 7pm and then work out 2 hours later so this might be a bit of a challenge for me. Also, another concern I have is making sure I don't loose track and also getting the right nutrients in my body that will sustain me for the 18 hours or so when I abstain from food. My sister and I came up with list of food items that will help towards this. Also, I would try and work out before I go to bed after saying my final prayers which would be around midnight (God help  me).

Here is a list of things I got at the store today:

  • kale;
  • spinach;
  • apples;
  • plums;
  • avocados;
  • black beans;
  • green beans;
  • okro;
  • salmon;
  • egg;
  • bread;
  • mushrooms;
  • green/yellow/red bell peppers;
  • turkey;
  • turkey breast strips;
I intend to upload pictures of my meal as often as I can on instagram and would also put recipes up on the blog. I would appreciate if my muslim readers could also put up meals they have after Iftar and hash tag santedelavie. Please don't forget to follow, comment, subscribe, share your meals and recipes with us. We appreciate everyone of you. 

Until next time guys,
Its not Miss Bee, its  Mummy..xxx

2 comments:

  1. Happy Ramadan to you hun! I'm sure you would be fine with not "losing track" during this period.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate all of your support. I would like for you to share your thoughts with me...