Friday 21 June 2013

Pizza in 20 minutes or less

Hello everyone,

How is the week going? I am coming to you today with a quick 20 minutes or less pizza recipe. My son loves pizza. Once he hears the word pizza the hair on his skin stands up. I on the other hand don't care for it but I always buy it because of Nifemi. I figured why don't I save some money, make my own pizza that way I know what is going in it and still enjoy the taste.

I tried to make the dough and it was a total fail! I had to throw it away. Still determined to make the pizza, I looked online and stumbled upon a much easier and healthier recipe with tortilla wraps and thankfully I had that at home and I got to work immediately. 

Ingredients:
  • tortilla wraps (you can use whole wheat, sun dried or spinach wraps. I used spinach wrap);
  • goats milk cheese;
  • veggie sausages;
  • pizza sauce;
  • fresh cilantro leaves


Method:
  • pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Take one tortilla wrap and place it on a pizza baking pan and put it in the oven for 3-4 minutes. 
  • Once you take it out, use a fork to lightly press out the air from the wrap;
  • spread the tomato sauce, cheese, sausage and cilantro leaves evenly around the wrap until it is covered;
  • put back in the oven for another 2-4 minutes;
  • Bring it out and let it cool for few minutes, cut it up and enjoy.



 P.S: the tortilla wrap came out crispy as I left it a bit longer so I heated up another wrap and placed it directly under the wrap that had the fillings so it wont be too crispy.

Quick, easy and simple right? I was scared Nifemi might not like it so I kept on asking if it was good and he is like yes mummy it is. He saved some for school today and I had some for breakie as well and it was good! I am sorry I do not have step by step pictures but I would try making it again but this time with barbecue sauce and some fruits, more veggies and I will make sure to include more pictures. Please feel free to substitute the meat for chicken or pepperoni, I worked with what I had and also don't hesitate to add more veggies if you like. I would like to know if anyone tries this and I would appreciate if you could send me pictures and your thoughts on this quick recipe. 

Until next time guys,
Its not Miss Bee, its mummy..xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate all of your support. I would like for you to share your thoughts with me...