Monday 22 July 2013

Weight loss series: Carmen's weight loss story!

Hello everyone,

How is it going? I hope you all are doing great and having a great week so far! I am sharing Carmen's story today and it is such an inspiring one. I came across her profile on Instagram, a couple of flicks through her pictures, I was inspired by this young lady and the her level of motivation. I got her permission to share her story with you guys, please enjoy.


What motivated you to loose weight? 
  • Well I've always been overweight as a child, not to big ( at least I didn't think so) but I defiantly wasn't healthy! During my junior year of high school I started going to the gym for about 4 months with my friends and I lost about 20-30 lbs. I wasn't really keeping track like I am now. I somehow kept most of it off until after graduation. Over the next year and a half I gained back not only everything I initially lost plus another 10-15 lbs bringing me up to 175! I was so unhappy but all I did was complain about it, until one day I woke up and it just clicked! I was never gonna be happy and change my weight unless I changed my lifestyle. That's when I begin my weight loss journey In February;




Side by side pictures of Carmen when she started and few months into her journey

What did you do to loose the weight? 
  • It's silly but I actually contribute a lot of my weightloss success to Instagram because at first I was following a few fitness pages and I would think to myself "man I wish I looked like that!" The more fitness pages I followed the more motivated i became. I started by walking a 2 mile trail once a day, about 2 weeks after that I signed up for the gym. My eating habits also changed. I just refused to eat any junk left in the house, I somewhat understood clean eating because of the fitness pages I follow so I bought the basics and stuck with that. 

What are you doing to keep the weight in check/ stay on track? 
  • I cut out and processed junk and sodas ( my addiction at the time) I stick with yogurt, fruit, veggies, chicken, fish, brown rice. For my workouts I go to the gym 5x a week. 30 min cardio plus 30 minutes weights. Ladies don't be afraid of weights, it does the body good! You will not get bulky unless your trying to!

What challenges you faced and any advice you have for anyone looking to being their journey? 
  • I would say the biggest challenge I had and I'm assuming its a challenge for most is not seeing progress right away, you feel like you been working hard all week so why doesn't it show? When it comes to this part of a weight loss journey it's a 100% mental. You have to have the willpower to keep going. If your exercising and eating clean, I promise you'll see results, it just takes time. Dot give up! Make it a habit and love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle. My advice would be if your interested in changing you just don't know how, find something you like to do like walking/ running everyday or doing a class at the gym, or a sport and don't forget workout dvds/ instagram fitness challenges and simple food swaps (water instead of soda, brown rice instead of white) plus research! Find out what foods are healthy that you like. I am fine with eating the same simple meals over and over, if your not, look up some healthy, interesting recipes or come up with your own!


Carmen's thighs are everything! See how firmer and smaller they look...

I love the transformation on her body and she continues to work hard everyday posting pictures of her progress. I hope her story has been able to inspire someone out there, I look forward to sharing more stories with you guys. Thanks for stopping by.


Until next time guys, 
Its not Miss Bee, its Mummy..xxx

3 comments:

  1. Love the fact Instagram posed as an inspiration, you don't get to hear that often

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know eh...good to see people use social media for positive stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Carmen, Amazing progress.
    Thanks a lot for sharing Miss Bee
    I read articles like this and i get motivated for 2/3 days and its back to square one. I'm currently on #Team healthy. Eating clean, drinking lots of water and all that but i just cant bring myself to work out. Lord knows i try but somehow i end up not doing it.*sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate all of your support. I would like for you to share your thoughts with me...