Thursday 16 January 2014

How I get protein with my pescetarian diet

Hello everyone,


Firstly I want to say thank you for stopping by and secondly I hope you are doing great. I was not able to get anyone on my pescetarian bandwagon yet but I am still hopeful. If you are interested in joining me please click here to read about it. 

I want to share with you a few things I do to get my protein in while on this diet. My sister's friend asked her and she gave me an idea to do a full post about it. Some of them include:


  • egg: boiled or fried;
  • soy milk (which is also a good source of calcium);
  • grains (bulgur wheat, quinoa, brown rice);
  • tofu;
  • chick peas;
  • beans;
  • seafood (fish, shrimp, tuna);
  • egg plant;
  • veggie meat substitute;
  • walnuts;
  • fresh vegetables (broccoli, spinach, peas);
  • oats;
  • seeds/nuts (chia, flax, cashew nuts);
  • Bread (whole wheat, rye, sprouted grain, ezekiel)

Staying away from meat and its products has been challenging and interesting. I have been able to increase my intake of some of the foods I mentioned above which is really great. Please share some of the things you eat that are high in protein. Thank you to all my kind readers, I hope to receive some feedback from you.

Until next time guys,
Its not Miss Bee, its Mummy..xx

1 comment:

  1. I would love to give this a shot but I like chicken too much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate all of your support. I would like for you to share your thoughts with me...