Monday 6 January 2014

30 day Pescetarian Diet challenge

Hi guys,

As I mentioned in my last post, my sisters and I started this Pescetarian diet which is similar to a vegetarian or plant based diet but includes seafood (any animal that spends 100% of its time underwater). Anything that is gotten from the flesh of an animal other than fish (e.g beef, chicken, turkey, bison, veal, rabbit, cheese, butter,) anything that is made from the list mentioned above which includes chicken gravy, meat stock, chicken broth etc. Make sure to check ingredients of food for any kind of produce containing the above listed before purchasing it.

Some the foods we eat for this diet include:
  • fish (salmon, tilapia, sea bass, stock fish);
  • seafood (shrimps, scallops, crab, squid, mussels);
  • vegetables (any type either blended as juice or cooked);
  • milk substitute (soy milk, almond milk);
  • oats by itself or used to make oatmeal pancakes;
  • fruits;
  • potatoes (irish or sweet);
  • eggs;
  • bread (be sure to make sure the ingredients are not derived from land animals)


The first couple of days were crazy as we had to be careful with what we ate. We had to read the ingredients of food at the grocery store before making any purchases. At a point, I was like 'Ah! this diet is hard oh..lol' I remember we were at the food court at the mall, and there was this Asian lady standing with meat samples from the Chinese restaurant. My sister dearest swayed up to the lady, picked a stick of meat and it went into her mouth. I was watching her the whole time thinking to myself what is this girl doing? Then I yelled, you are not supposed to eat meat and she is like OMG I am so sorry. That was a funny experience but having other people around you who are as dedicated makes it easier by the day.

I would like to challenge you guys, yes YOU into doing this challenge. Though we are six days into it but you can start now. Today is the 6th day of the month, better late than never eh :) I believe together we can motivate and help each other achieve our goals towards improving our health. I would love if you could post pictures of your meals on Instagram and experience with this diet either on Instagram by hash tagging santedelavie (#santedelavie) or by commenting on this post. 

I would like for you to share with me the reason you have decided to try this diet out and what it means for you. For me, doing this is a great way to detox and stay in shape. It is a great way to be innovative and cook my meals. Also I am muslim and I am at that point in my life where I am getting deeper in Islam; one of the things I have been trying to work on is eating Halal food (this means food that is permitted for consumption in Islam) but because of my love for meat, I always slip on this. Anytime I eat, I always have some meat product with my food. But doing this diet is going to discipline me with that and I look forward to sharing my pictures and experiences with you all as well. Please research and share different options you have included in this diet as we are all new in this. I will definitely be sharing my findings with everyone.

Thank you for stopping by,
It's not Miss Bee, it's mummy..xx

2 comments:

  1. Yaaay! for you.
    Of course I've fallen off the wagon. This diet is almost like what i was on last year, only difference was I was eating poultry (no beef) and no dairy (milk based) eggs were allowed.
    My Life is a bit of a chaos right now. won't be able to get on tack until i settle down. Hopefully sooner than later. Will be reading your updates for inspiration.
    Happy new year darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sirius! Sorry I am just seeing this. Dont worry, we all have that moment. I trust that everything will settle in no time. Thank you for your support. I hope to hear about your progress soon, and happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate all of your support. I would like for you to share your thoughts with me...