Wednesday 3 April 2013

Fadeke's story

Hello everyone,

I am loving that people are sharing their weight loss journey with us and motivating other. I got another story from Fadeke who is Toyin's friend. I have never met her before but seeing her pictures alone, I am amazed at her will power and strength.


What motivated me to lose weight?
  • I was getting too big, and looked twice my age, I went out with a friend on this faithful day and the first thing his friends said to me was 'wow Fadeke you are getting too big please watch it'. Also, my dad on different occasions complained about my weight and said  to me 'daughter u are getting too big'. He spoke to me about the disadvantages of being too fat because he is a medical doctor. I was sad and depressed so I decided to make weight loss my new year resolution. Started my weight loss programme on the 6th of January and in 4months I was able to drop 18Kg. Pictures of Jennifer hudson and Raven Symone motivated  me to lose weight. My target was to look like them and also kim Kardashin..lol. I felt really good losing weight, its like the best thing that has ever happened to me. I feel great, really curvy and proud of my shape, each time am out I get really good compliments from people which has kept me going and determined to keep the weight off permanently.

How are you keeping the weight off?
  • Since I lost weight, I haven't added any weight. I go to the gym regularly, and I make sure I do not miss my aerobics. Second is that I control my food intake, I eat when am suppose to, but I eat half the portion I would normally eat. I reduced my intake of carbohydrates drastically, so now I eat more of vegetables and fruits.  

What challenges have you faced since you began this journey?
  • Its not so easy because sometime am tempted to eat some really fatty food and fizzy drinks. Losing weight and keeping it off is fun for me and I enjoy it. Am still losing weight. I have lost approximately 20k since I started.



Before:






After:







Thank you Fadeke for sharing this with us. Please feel free to email me your story to santedelavie@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to put it up.


Until next time guys,
its not Miss Bee, its mummy..xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate all of your support. I would like for you to share your thoughts with me...