Wednesday 22 May 2013

Healthy Lunch: Pad Thai with chicken & shrimps




Hello everyone,

How is the week going? I hope you guys are doing great! I am sharing a quick recipe with you I got from a cook book but with a little bit of my own twist :) This dish takes about 30 minutes to make in total and it is very nutritious and tasty.






Ingredients:

  • udon noodles (the cook book recommended rice noodles but I couldn't find those anywhere so I settled for udon which turned out good);
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce;
  • 3 pieces chicken breast cut into strips;
  • olive oil;
  • shrimps;
  • green onions (scallions);
  • 2 tsp lemon juice;
  • 2 garlic cloves;
  • 2 tsp brown or white sugar;
  • chili pepper (as desired);
Method:
  • Place udon noodles in a pot of boiling water and leave to cook for about 4 minutes; Drain udon after 4 minutes and set aside;




  • in a wok or frying pan, add one tsp of oil and add chicken, shrimps, chopped garlic and crushed pepper. stir fry for about 4 minutes or until chicken turns brown and shrimps turn pink; add the drained noodles, stir and cover for a minute;




  • add the fish sauce, lemon juice, sugar. Stir well until everything is evenly heated;
  • check the seasoning and serve dish garnished with green onions cut into rings.




I love this dish because it is healthy, quick to prepare and also because I did not use salt at all and it came out nice. Sodium intake is one thing to watch out for when consuming food and generally for our health. I am always particular about reading the contents of food before purchasing. I would do a separate post for that. I would like for you guys to try this recipe and share your thoughts on it with me. It is fine if you add your own twist to it by adding vegetables or using beef instead of chicken and if you want to stick to my recipe above, I will be more than happy to know your thoughts on it. Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time guys,
Its not Miss Bee, its mummy..xxx


3 comments:

  1. Omg! I've been looking for your blog! Long time. Great to see you are still on the healthy path. I finally got it right. Losing weight slow and steady. Hopefully I can share my story on your blog in the near future. So great to hear from you. Will put you on my blog roll immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly me, over excited. How is Nifeemi��?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate all of your support. I would like for you to share your thoughts with me...