Sunday 28 July 2013

6 ways to drink yourself into drinking water


Hello everyone,
How is it going? I hope you are having a great week so far! So I became a member of the mombloggersclub and I have been slowly meeting new moms and all that good stuff. I came across a post written by one of the fabulous mums on there on how to drink yourself into drinking water and I thought why not share this with my readers. Couple of messages asking for permission to share her posts and she approved! So here you go guys, let me know what you think:
Gatorade....... H2O, Gatorade........ H2O! Do you guys remember that scene from the movie The Water Boy. In the movie, Bobby Bouche (Adam Sandler) is a water boy playing for a college football team. Bobby has a passion for water, sharing it, taking care of it and educating people on it. Although the film is centered around Bobby quickly rising to one of the greatest college line backers in the movie, his love and passion for water is profound.
Have you ever stopped to think just how important water is to you? For the average human, water is truly a needed resource. Think about it this way, you can go weeks without food but only 5-7 days without water.  When the water in your body is reduced by just 1%, you become thirsty.  At 5%, muscle strength and endurance declines significantly and you become dehydrated.  When the loss reaches 10%, delirium and blurred vision occur.  A 20 % reduction results in death.  Ok Ok, let's not get too serious here,I think you get the picture now.
Growing up I hated water mainly because I was never really forced to drink it. In fact, to this day, my dad still says to us there isn't a need to drink water since everything is made with water: soda, juice, tea, alcohol; all has a water base right? (yup he is kinda crazy, learn more about him here).
When I became pregnant with Adaya, my doc explained the importance of staying hydrated, especially as an expectant mother. This was tough for me so I had to figure out so many ways to incorporate water in my every day life, as challenging as it was at first, today I drink about a gallon of water each day (most times between 9am -5pm- becausework water seem easier to drink).
Here are my six sneaky ways to tricking myself to drink more water:


  • Add Citrus: This is an old age trick, everything tastes better with lime or lemon, no that does not mean you are going to start making lemonade! Simple recipe- water and a twist of lime.
  • Add Fruits: If you are not a fruit eater, politely skip this point, if you are like me this is great at killing two birds with one stone. My favorite fruits to add to my water are grapes, strawberries and cucumber slices, all very refreshing adding a fun pop at the end of each sip!
  • Timing is Everything: My favorite times to drink water is right as I get out of bed and before a meal. One, drinking water in the morning is the best way to get your bodystarted. Two, drinking water right before a meal, will fill you up and help you to eat less, I really don't see any negatives!
  • You can have it however you want it: Okay, get your mind out the gutter! We are talking water here. I can not drink cold water, ever. So I usually fill two bottles of water up and have them throughout the day to replenish as needed. My water sits on my desk or in my bag until its room temperature then I, take it to the head. 
  • Humans are creatures of Habit: How many times have you hear, practice makes perfect? Well it does. Try anything habitually for a while and it will become who you are. If you make drinking water a daily habit, you would begin to drink gallons of water daily with out even knowing you did. Your hatred for water would totally disappear. 
  • Flavor Enhancers: Everything is better with color right? Dasani has always been a top brand water for me. I am so happy that they have introduced the Dasani Drops. They are the perfect Flavor Enhancers to any water and makes it easier to down a few glasses without hesitation. 
         




Let's face it, water is boring, tasteless and hard to drink and compared to a fizzy fun drink like a delicious can of coke soda, its hard to compete. BUT, and that's a big but, water is essential to life, and there is no way to shed pounds, clear your skin, grow your hair or live well if you do not make it a part of your life! So drink up, pour up and share your sneaky ways of drinking more water or getting your kids in the habit of drinking water.  
P.S Do try the Dasani Drops, they are fantabulous, fun and flavorfy! 
Cosmic Hugs
Anni
Blog: http://www.mombloggersclub.com/profiles/blog/list?user=2lc4iyzuflw1z

Very informative post right? I would love for you guys to tell me other ways you have to getting yourself to drink water. I tried the dasani drops yesterday and it was good. You can get it from your local walmart store. I would do a review on that later on. Please do not hesitate to share  this with others because I know the struggle attached with drinking water. Feedbacks, comments, shares, recommendations are highly appreciated. I have put the link to Anni's blog above for those who want to read her other posts. Thank you guys for stopping by :)

Until next time,
Its not Miss Bee, its Mummy..xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hey Miss Bee

    Thanks for sharing ! Love it ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Worrell...you are welcome and thanks for the write up...I love it

      Delete
  2. loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this

    My blog here www.Islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kellz! I will definitely check your blog out.

      Delete
  3. Water is so boring for real! Lol...I am still trying to get a hang of drinking it. My husband is totally on the other side of this...I dont know that he "loves" water but he sure drinks and drinks a lot! I def need to learn cause I know it is good for the body and all that healthy bla bla bla. LOl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about how water can be boring and hard to drink...but these tips are very helpful and a good way to get your water drinking habit on..

      Delete
  4. Helpful tips, especially on drinking water before a meal. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes definitely helpful. I find it hard to drink water at times so I am definitely sticking to these tips..thanks to Miss Worrell for these..

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate all of your support. I would like for you to share your thoughts with me...