Friday 2 August 2013

Healthy breakfast: Quinoa & chia seeds pancake







Hello everyone,

How is everyone doing? I hope you had a great week. Happy long weekend to my readers in Canada, I  hope you guys get up to something fun. Yesterday I made some quinoa and chia seeds pancake and it was yummers. It was my first time and was skeptical about how it would turn out. I googled the recipe idea on line to get an idea of how it would go down, several clicks later I was more confident and decided to give it a go and of course I modified it. This is perfect for breakfast and it takes 20 minutes or less depending on how much batter you have. 

You will need:

  • 2 and half table spoons of quinoa flour;
  • 2 tea spoons of brown sugar;
  • 1 table spoon of chia seeds (this is a great subsitute for eggs);
  • 1/4 cup of milk;
  • 1/2 cup of water;
  • A slice of lemon (I cut the lemon in half and cut a slice from one of the halves);
  • olive oil (alternatively, you can use a non-fat cooking spray);


Method:

  • In a clean bowl, add quinoa flour, chia seeds, and brown sugar; Mix ingredients together with your hand or a spoon;
  • Add quarter cup of milk and half cup of warm water and mix until mixture is free of lumps (you can use a hand or electric mixer, I just used a wooden spoon but my arms definitely did some work);
  • squeeze the lemon in (mixture should look like the picture below and also notice the chia seeds in there) and set batter aside for about 5 minutes to let chia seeds gel into the mixture;






  • get your frying pan out and put half teaspoon of olive oil;
  • once the oil is hot, pour some of the pancake mix in the frying pan. There will be no bubbles forming on top which is totally fine. Turn pancake over after about 5mins of cooking on the other side; Tip: I added some oil to the frying pan because the uncooked side got stuck to the frying pan and almost messed with the shape of my pancake but adding a little bit of oil stopped it from getting stuck :)
  • repeat the frying process until you use up all the batter and voila! Your breakie is done!






This meal was very delish and I will definitely stock up on my quinoa flour and try adding strawberries or something else when next I make this. Please feel free to modify and make any additions you wish and also you can increase the measurements of the ingredients to meet your demands. I would like for you guys to share with me some of your recipes from quinoa flour and chia seeds and also this recipe if you decide to try it at home. I also wanted to say I am happy about the feedback with my presentation skills, I have been receiving tutorials via iMessage and FaceTime from my sister and it has definitely paid off. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate all the support.

Until next time guys,
Its not Miss Bee, its Mummy..xxx

2 comments:

  1. I followed you! Love your blog! Follow me back on Bloglovin' and become a member of my Blogsite!
    ;)

    Have a great day!
    OnlyThemAllowed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words...I will definitely check your blog out...xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate all of your support. I would like for you to share your thoughts with me...